Friday, April 24, 2020

Reading During the Coronavirus

Friday, April 24, 2020--San Antonio, TX

Normally, I do almost all of my reading of novels while I am traveling (which is anywhere from 2-6 months per year.  Because my trips are long, I do not rush each day.  I usually go out for 4-5 hours, return to my room or apartment, and maybe go out for another 1-2 hours later.  Reading takes up most of my leisure time when not out exploring.  But I also watch Netflix if I have decent Wi-Fi and spend time reading the news each day. 

After the first 3 weeks of isolation at home during the coronavirus outbreak, I became tired of watching Netflix, reading the news, and playing online games.  I realized that it was much like being on a trip where opportunities are limited in relation to the amount of time I had available.  So I decided to add reading to my list of home activities.

I checked out my first book (using the Libby app for library eBooks) last Thursday and finished it by Tuesday.  I am now on my second book which I will finish this weekend.  I will continue reading as long as the stay-at-home order remains in effect.  And I will add the books read to my list here with my brief comments and ratings.

No comments:

Post a Comment