Friday, April 24, 2020

Fleishman Is in Trouble by Taffy Brodesser-Akner

Friday, Apr. 24, 2020--San Antonio

I finished Fleishman is in Trouble by Taffy Brodesser-Akner earlier this week as my first book to read during the coronavirus stay-at-home order.  I recalled that it was on almost every top-10 list of books from last year.  Although the main character is a Jewish man who is only 5'5" tall and is facing problems in his life, especially marriage problems, the book essentially becomes about all the characters having problems in their lives after several years of marriage or after having never married at all.  What I liked best about the novel is that every few pages, there would be something that would make me laugh aloud.  That was great considering my isolation from the rest of the world right now.  It's a good book and easy to read.  I gave it 4 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment