Wednesday, April 29, 2020

My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegn

Wednesday, April 29, 2020--San Antonio, TX

I chose My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegn as my second book to read during the coronavirus stay-at-home directive.  It wasn't the best choice even though it was about a woman trying to sleep time away.  At least 3/4 of the book involved listings of drugs, TV shows, movies on videotape, etc., that the character was using to try to succeed--the drugs to put her to sleep and the others in hopes of assisting her toward that goal.  I would have rather read a 3-page magazine short story about it rather than investing the time to read almost 300 pages.  The book is well written, but just didn't keep my interest.  I gave it 2 1/2 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment