Tuesday, March 12, 2019

More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera

I finished reading More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera about 5 days ago.  It is a coming-of-age story combined with science fiction.  The main character is a teenager who is disturbed about a tragedy that has occurred.  The book tells the story of his life by jumping back and forth with some surprises in store along the way.  At first, I was put off by the sci-fi aspects of the story, but in time I was able to see that they were part of the purpose rather than just something thrown in for amusement.  During the first 50 pages or so, I was disappointed in the quality of the writing as well as the story.  But the further I went, the better the writing seemed to become and the more I was involved and enjoying it.  My eventual rating was 4 stars out of 5 (an increase of 1 to 1 1/2 stars from what I was thinking at the beginning).

No comments:

Post a Comment