Friday, March 22, 2019

Fortune Smiles:Stories by Adam Johnson

Sunday, Mar. 17, 2019--On the Train from Luxor to Cairo

On the train from Luxor to Cairo I finished reading Fortune Smiles: Stories by Adam Johnson.  It is such a good book.  Unfortunately for me, even though I still enjoyed it, this was the SECOND time for me to read this book.  I didn’t recall having read it when I downloaded it to my Kindle just before heading to Luxor from Beirut. Then, when I started realizing that the stories were familiar to me, I was stuck in the hotel there that had horrible WiFi.  I went slowly in rereading it realizing I would not be able to download another book until I got to Cairo. The review I’ve linked above will confirm how good the book is. I gave it 5 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment