Sunday, September 15, 2024

Somewhere Beyond the Sea by TJ Klune

Sunday, Sept. 15, 2025--San Antonio 

Somewhere Beyond the Sea by TJ Klune is the second and final book in a science fiction series.  I read the first in the series, The House in the Cerulean Sea, in March of this year.  This is the continuation of the story of the discrimination against magical people and the efforts of a magical man who is a phoenix to work to create a chosen family of magical children who have especially strong powers and as a result have been abused in foster homes and orphanages and are feared by the government for their power.  However, in this book, one of the children, Lucifer, the son of the Devil, is not only feared by the government but is the target of a plan to capture him and force him to evil deeds at their command to make it the most powerful country in the world.  Why would he do this?  Because he and the other children living together have come to think of themselves as brothers and sisters--as a part of a family--and that Lucifer's concern for his family members would be the motivation to obey the evil demands the government makes of him.  It's an interesting story, but the two books together are more pages to read that I would have preferred.  I never got past the first book in the Harry Potter series as my interested dropped.  Science fiction isn't my favorite category of literature.  So I found myself wanting to get through this second book in the series to go on to others on my list to read.  I gave it 3 1/2 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment