Saturday, February 24, 2024

Roman Stories by Jhumpa Lahiri

Saturday, Feb. 24, 2024--San Antonio

Roman Stories is the latest collection of short stories by Jhumpa Lahiri, a writer whose works I have always enjoyed.  I've read almost everything she has written.  Unlike other of her publications which are usually originally written in English, these stories were originally written in Italian and were translated into English (some by her, but most by an American translator).  The stories are intimate and interesting.  It is easy to picture the settings and to imagine oneself in place of the characters.  Although I didn't want to quit a story once I started it, I did, however, find myself delaying at times before starting a new one.  They just didn't "grab" me the way the ones in her previous short story collections have.  But it is a good collection and I would recommend it to readers.  I have the publication 4 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment