Friday, May 26, 2023

These Violent Delights by Micah Nemerever

 Friday, May 26, 2023--San Antonio

These Violent Delights by Micah Nemerever had great recommendations--Crime Reads best debut of the year, Newsweek 25 best fall books, Literary Hub best book of year, etc.  And there were parts of it that I really enjoyed reading.  However, the two main characters who are very intelligent have psychological problems and are not smart enough to control themselves from very questionable acts including one illegal one.  It's the kind of book where you are supposed to like and root for the main characters even though they have done a despicable thing.  It didn't help that I was watching a Netflix series at the same time I was reading the book that is also built around two characters committing despicable crimes.  I found myself resenting the things the protagonists were doing and thinking that they should just get caught.  Anyway, it may have a 4.2 rating on Amazon and rave reviews elsewhere, but I am glad to have the book behind me and can give it only 2.5 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment