Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Tomorrow Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Garbielle Zevin

Tuesday, Mar. 28, 2023--San Antonio

Tomorrow Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Garbielle Zevin is a very popular book; I had it on hold at Libby for my Kindle for 12 weeks before it became available.  I can see why, because I thoroughly enjoyed it.   But I enjoyed it so much that I finished it in three days; I don't know how the previous readers could be so slow at reading it unless they also finished it fast but didn't return the book until its return was forced at the end of the 3-week loan period from the library.  Anyway, the unique way that the two nerdy main characters expressed themselves when young had me laughing aloud longer and louder than usual for me when I read something funny.  The book follows their lives from pre-teenage years though their 40s with periods of times when their relationship became very distant due to misunderstandings, misjudgments, lost opportunities, etc.  They both eventually become very successful game developers for games played on computers, on specialized machines such as X-Box, and on the Internet.  It is obvious that they should be close friends or even more with each other, but life gets in the way of things like that at times and then sometimes forces people back together.  That's what happens in this book.  Normally, a book about gaming would not interest me, but this book is really about the characters rather than the games they develop.  I enjoyed it so much that I gave it 4 1/2 stars out of 5.  

No comments:

Post a Comment