Thursday, September 22, 2022

Here's to Us by Becky Alberttali and Adam Silvera

Thursday, Sept. 22, 2022--San Antonio

Here's to Us is the second of a set of two novels by Becky Alberttali and Adam Silvera.  I read the first book, What If It's Us, a couple of weeks ago.  I liked it with reservations.  This second is by far the better book in my opinion.  Continuing the story of Ben and Arthur who fell in love as 16-year-olds during a matter of weeks during the summer break between their junior and senior years of high school two years earlier, it has all the things that made the first book so good (the wonderful humorous dialog, the attraction story, etc.) while moving along and maintaining a higher level of interest throughout than the first book did.  I finished this one within a day and a half of starting it.  I can easily see the stories being used for a limited series on Netflix or one of the other streaming platforms.  I gave this book a whole extra star more than I did the first one--4 1/2 stars out of 5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment