Friday, August 14, 2020

The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller

Friday, Aug. 14, 2020--San Antonio

The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller is the imagined story of the personal interwoven lives shared by Achilles with the exiled Prince Patroclus from the time they are children (age 10) until their deaths in the Battle of Troy when they are in their late 20s.  All the known truths of their story are woven together by the author, a professor of Latin and ancient Greek, into a well-written and fascinating story involving many of the famous names from Greek Mythology and history.  I was a fan of both Greek and Norse mythology when I read them in high school, and this book kept me very interested and invested in the story.  The closer I got to the end, I kept looking at the page number/percentage of book already read hoping it still was not yet going to end.  I gave the book a rating of 4 1/2 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment