Saturday, June 27, 2020

The Dearly Beloved by Cara Wall

Saturday, June 27, 2020--San Antonio

The Dearly Beloved by Cara Wall is a story steeped in Christian belief and non-belief and the factors that lead to either of those states of mind, including events that can cause one to question belief or to suspend it all together.  As a non-believer, it's not a topic I would normally explore, but the book has gotten good reviews and it is so well written that reading it is a pleasure.  It revolves around two couples whose lives become tied to each other when the two men become co-pastors of the same church.  But the book starts much earlier than that with the stories of the lives of each of the four persons that led them to find each other.  I found myself wanting to continue to read even when I should have gone to sleep or been doing something else.  I gave the book 4 1/2 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment