Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Anything is Possible by Elizabeth Strout

Tuesday, Apr. 23, 2019--Ben Gurion Airport, Israel

I finished reading  Anything is Possible by Elizabeth Strout.  It is a series of short stories that tie characters together from story to story.  I have previously read her book Olive Kitteridge, and it had a similar format--short stories that are all tied together by having characters that have been referenced in previously read stories.  Her writing makes me really like learning about all these people. And because you hear one reference from someone and then read another story from a different point of view, she does a good job of showing how complex life really is for everyone.  I had trouble deciding whether to give the book a 4 or a 4 ½, but I decided on a 4 out of 5--a book well worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment