Saturday, August 26, 2023

After the Funeral and Other Stories by Tessa Hadley

 Aug. 25, 2023--San Antonio

After the Funeral and Other Stories by Tessa Hadley is a book of short stories set in English in recent times.  The stories are well written and are interesting, but I found them to be a bit bland--lacking in ways such that I would put the book down after reading only a part of a story and then not pick it up for a couple of days or so.  Usually, I finish and return a book within 3-5 days.  I have had this one over 2 1/2 weeks!  (At one point I put it away and read another more interesting book because I needed to read something I was enjoying more.)  There are no exciting events in the stories; these are slice-of-life stories that are centered around women and what is happening within a given period of their lives.  I gave the book 3 1/2 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment