Saturday, June 10, 2023

The Man Who Could Move Clouds by Ingrid Rojas Contreras

Saturday, June 10, 2023--San Antonio

I stopped reading The Man Who Could Move Clouds by Ingrid Rojas Contreras 5 days ago after reading 46% of the book.  I have had trouble enjoying memoirs before.  I was making slow progress on this one.  There were too many details of South American mythical beliefs and treatments by curandero healers with only minimal progress in telling the story.  It might be a very good book for someone interested enough in this topic to want to continue, but that wasn't me.  The story covers 3 generations of a family--a man, his daughter, and her daughter who live in northeastern Colombia (near the border with Venezuela).  Maybe if the pace of the story went faster with fewer details (and not so many repeated details), I might have finished the book.  Instead, I stopped reading and will rate it at best 2 1/2 stars out of 5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment