Sunday, April 30, 2023

The Rabbit Hutch by Tess Gunty

Sunday, Apr. 30, 2023--San Antonio

The Rabbit Hutch by Tess Gunty won the National Book Award in 2022.  Most of the reviews specifically use the words "work of art" to describe it.  It may be a work of art, but as  novel, I was not impressed.  There were too many characters with the book jumping from one to another to another and back and forth among them.  And was there something the writer wanted us to take through our lives with us based on the book?  If so, all I could find was that most of the characters were miserable and uncaring and that there is little hope for any good in life and our future.  A book of this length usually takes me about 3 days to read, but I had trouble reading more than a few pages a day and wasted a week on it.  I gave the book 2 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment