Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Sing to It by Amy Hempel

 Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2021--San Antonio

Sing to It by Amy Hempel is a collection of short stories.  Several are very short--between 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 pages long.  Hempel seems to have a knack for thinking thoughts and her idea of their meanings or her impressions related to them.  That's what the shortest stories are.  But even the longest story in the book has many of these short thoughts inserted among the ongoing information that creates the broader story.  It's easy to read her writing, and her expressions are delightful in relation to her thoughts.  I spent more time on this book than most because I have had more things going on in my life while reading it and because I had become a bit tired of reading one book after another every 4-7 days.  My rating for the book is 3 1/2 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment