Saturday, September 3, 2016

The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton

August 5, 2015--Ptuj, Slovenia

I finished reading my 800+ page novel, The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton, that won the 2013 Man Booker Prize. It is a wonderful book. At the beginning, there were so many characters and there was so much happening that I wondered if I would ever be able to keep up with it all. But slowly each character became distinguishable from the other and the pieces of the puzzle of what the book is about started coming together. By the end, the whole story becomes known. The reviews reference it as a nineteenth century novel updated for today’s readers. What is amazing is that the author was only 28 years old when she finished it and it was published. I give the book 3 ½ stars out of 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment